Friday, July 4, 2008

Pray for sunshine next Saturday!

On Monday, Bloomy held a press conference (at which he made an utter fool of himself, but that's another matter) to announce that, in conjunction with the All-Star game at Yankee Stadium, MLB was holding a free Bon Jovi concert in Central Park! They along with U2 are by far my favorite bands, so I just had to be there! Although the concert is free, you need a ticket, and there were 60,000 available. What were the odds that I could get one? They were being distributed at area Major- and Minor-League ballparks. I got to Shea Stadium less than an hour and 15 minutes before they were scheduled to start handing out tickets, certain I was way too late, but to my surprise and delight I was in plenty of time! I guess most people just heard the bulk of the tickets were being given out at Yankee Stadium and headed there.

So in summary, I managed to snag two free tickets to see one of the greatest bands in the world perform in one of my favorite places in the world, in conjunction with a celebration of the greatest sport in the world. Life is good :)

1 comment:

JuliaVP said...

yeah! That's so exciting! I hope you have a great time!