Saturday, May 17, 2008

Have you been following this?

I have only to the extent that I don't get really upset over it, because there's not a damn thing I can do and being really really pissed off isn't going to accomplish anything other than making myself miserable. That being said, there's not a word in the English language strong enough for these "people" running the show over there--each one a "complete waste of space" as a friend of mine might put it. Unbelievable.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080518/ap_on_re_as/myanmar

1 comment:

Helen said...

When this first happened, hurricane Katrina kind of echoed in the back of my mind. Only that was in the US. You know? Where simple needs like food and water shouldn't be a problem at all.

Now it's just pathetic how long these people go with just a meager amount of aide. I was just recently reading about Indonesia's tsunami, and the fact that researchers knew about the threat in enough time to warn, but downplayed it.